SP Flash Tool is a user friendly tool designed for MediaTek devices like Tecno, Infinix, Innjoo, Gionee, BML, etc. SP Flash Tool is a great piece of software allows you to flash your Smartphones ROMs (Stock or Custom). It supports flash stock, installing custom recovery, Unbrick the Bricked Smartphones and firmware updates for your Mediatek devices. Below are the guide to Flash Custom ROMs using SP Flash Tool on Windows Computer.
1. Download SP Flash tool here
2. Download Android ADB drivers here
3. Stock or Custom Rom you want to flash on your Smartphone. Make sure you download the exact Rom of your phone – few Roms can be found from this LINK
4. Laptop or Desktop Computer
5. USB Cable for communicating between PC and Smartphones
STEPS TO FLASH A BACKUP OR ROM WISTH SP FLASH TOOL
Disclaimer: Don’t flash another preloader and DSP_BL blocks! It is always dangerous! On some models of phones you will have a brick even if you download these blocks read from a phone which you own! Always remove from them marks in SPFT! ALWAYS have a working backup of your original ROM before you flash a new unknown ROM. Shelaf take no responsibility for any harm done while attempting this!
- Disconnect your phone if connected with USB to the PC, and turn OFF the phone completely, also take out the battery if possible (ignore this step 1, for phones with built in battery).
- Now connect or reconnect the USB cable to the phone with the PC while the phone is still off, Windows should pop up and begin to install the MTK65XX Preloader Drivers, this only happens if you installed the Mediatek Preloader USB Drivers correctly in Windows. After they successfully installed, disconnect the USB cable again.
- Extract SP Flash tool on your computer and launch it.
- Open the folder you extract it to and locate flash_tool, double click on it to open.
- Once it is launched, hit the Scatter-loading button
- Locate the scatter file in the backup or Rom of the phone that you downloaded. It’s usually a text file. (ALWAYS only load a ROM that is 100% made for your phone, flashing a wrong ROM may make your phone non-bootable).
- Hit the “Download” button in SP Flash Tool to begin the flashing process
- Connect your Smartphone to the computer with a USB without battery, if possible to remove. Press, Vol Down or Up so that the computer can easily detect the phone.
- Once the Flashing is complete you will see a green circle confirming… With Download OK.
Feel free to share any contents on this post to another website and if you have any protests,queries, and assistance contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org or whatsapp:- +2348036143281, Skype:- @ayokunmi8.